Why I Won’t Go See Noah
The new movie “Noah” will be hitting the screens this Friday, March 28th. I thought you could use a few facts to help you determine if you should go see this film that is claiming to be “inspired by the Biblical story”. Hopefully these facts, of which you may not be aware, will make you think twice before you give your money over to Paramount Pictures and the director of the movie, Darren Aronofsky.
Facts To Consider
- Darren Aronofsky, the director of the film, is a “card carrying atheist” and open about it.
- At the opening of the Noah Movie in Mexico, Darren Aronofsky said: ”It’s a very, very different movie. Anything you’re expecting, you’re f wrong.”
- Aronofsky also said: “I’m Godless. And so I’ve had to make my God, and my God is narrative filmmaking, which is — ultimately what my God becomes.”
- Aronofsky is not interested in the Biblical record, fossil record, or hundreds of cultural records that testify to the Flood being a true event. He summed up his view of the Biblical account like this: “I don’t think it’s a very religious story, I think it’s a great fable that’s part of so many different religions and spiritual practices. I just think it’s a great story that’s never been on film.”
- Paramount Pictures is the funder for this movie. They also produced the Wolf of Wall Street which used the F word more than 500 times at an average of one every 21 seconds and blasphemed the name of God almost two dozen times.
- Reason #1 in the article, “5 Reasons Why Atheists Should Look Forward To Noah” is “Darren Aronofsky is God.” The article concludes, “So get out there, enjoy the film and lap it up like the deity that you’ve always wanted to be!”
- Critics are not so thrilled about the project saying, “Some have been bowled over by his epic take on the story of the ark, while most others find his movie messy and ill-conceived, with the result not quite coming together.”
While these seven reasons don’t begin to cover the totally un-Biblical approach taken on this Historical Account, they are enough for me to say, “No, Thank You!” Hollywood only hears $$$, so if you don’t give it to them, they WILL listen!
And, you have to wonder, is this atheist just seeing if he can make fun of the Bible and get Christians to pay for it?
Noah movie plain wrong — http://coercioncode.com/2014/04/03/gnostic-noah-its-just-a-movie-wrong/
Blog Editors Note:
“And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all” (Luke 17:26-27).
These people were destroyed in the Flood because of their sinfulness – “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually” (Genesis 6:5).
The apostle Peter writes that Noah was a preacher of righteousness in a godless society, “And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly” (2 Peter 2:5). Therefore, as well as rejecting God’s Word, there must have been increased immorality in the areas mentioned by Jesus.
Life will go on as normal until the Lord comes again, but such normality will become increasingly depraved to the point that people only think about pleasure – hedonism (eating, drinking, parties, marrying and giving in marriage). Those who live for themselves with no thought for God will reject any idea that judgment is on its way.
And so what better way to blunt the story of Noah, the preacher of righteousness, by dulling out the warnings of scriptures, and indeed history, by producing a modern day nebulus Eco-Noah. A man who builds a craft with no idea of the implications, a man who’s ignorant, who fails to realise the real reason for his boat.
EDITOR’S NOTE: We have decided to close the comments now on this post. Plenty of disagreement has been voiced, which we welcome. Plenty of personal attacks, accusations, and rather uncivil comments have been deleted as well, easy to sling mud at people we don’t know from behind the keyboard.
Meanwhile, this has become the most liked and promoted article published on this site – Thanks
NEW MOVIE REVIEW