Koenig’s Eye View from the White House……..
Five timely news events that occurred or accelerated a few weeks before the election were arguably enough for Donald J. Trump to become the 45th President of the United States. His strong position statement on Israel and the commitment to moving the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem may have been another important factor.
- Wikileaks continued to release emails of senior members of the Democratic Party and the Clinton team and campaign chairman John Podesta.
- FBI Director Comey’s decision to reopen the Clinton email investigation 11 days before the election was significant, and then announcing on the Friday before the election the investigation was closed further angered voters who thought this had to do with Clinton influence and Obama’s Justice Department.
- The announcement of very large Obamacare premium increases across the country for 2017 two weeks before and up to election day.
- News that the Clinton Foundation investigation was expanding and that those investigations would impact Hillary Clinton’s presidency possibly leading to a constitutional crisis and indictments came at a bad time. The nation was fatigued by the election and Clinton scandals that seemed to be growing in magnintude.
- News that Clinton Foundation had not reported to the State Department a $1 million gift by the Emir of Qatar.
These are a few examples of what broke within days of the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election.