• A clip believed to be taken in Changqing Garden, Wuhan, shows a man sprinting away from a group of officials
  • Some officials appear to be carrying large metal sticks as they run after him along nearly-deserted streets 
  • On Saturday officials confirmed 722 coronavirus deaths in mainland China, bringing worldwide total to 724
  • Also revealed five more Britons, including a child, have virus in France after one of them went to Singapore
  • Another clip, said to be taken in Suzhou, shows suspected coronavirus sufferers dragged from their homes 
  • Officials in protective suits and face masks are seen walking two of the people out while holding their arms
  • A third man then resists by kicking out and it takes three officials to pick him up and forcefully remove him 

Video showing a man suspected of having coronavirus desperately sprinting away from officials trying to put him in quarantine has emerged, as the communist regime starts rounding up suffers in Wuhan and taking them to camps.

The clip, believed to be taken in Changqing Garden, Wuhan, shows a group of officials approaching the man who who is backed up against a wall.

The man suddenly starts running away from the officials who rapidly pursue him.

Some officials appear to be carrying large metal sticks as they run after him along nearly-deserted streets.

The clip, shared to Twitter on Thursday, comes after China‘s Vice Premier Sun Chunlan called on a ‘people’s war’ against the fast-spreading epidemic.

Last week China’s central government ordered the city – which is the epicentre of the virus – to round up all suspected patients as well as their close contacts in mass quarantine camps.

Video showing a man suspected of having coronavirus sprinting away from officials trying to put him in quarantine has emerged, as the communist regime starts rounding up suffers in Wuhan and taking them to camps. The man is backed up against a wall as officials - some carrying large sticks - approach him

The man then runs away as officials chase after him

Video showing a man suspected of having coronavirus sprinting away from officials trying to put him in quarantine has emerged, as the communist regime starts rounding up suffers in Wuhan and taking them to camps. The man is backed up against a wall as officials – some carrying large sticks – approach him. The man then runs away

 

Officials run after him along nearly-deserted streets in Changqing Garden, Wuhan

The clip, shared to Twitter on Thursday, comes after China 's Vice Premier Sun Chunlan called on a 'people's war' against the fast-spreading epidemic

Officials run after him along nearly-deserted streets in Changqing Garden, Wuhan. The clip, shared to Twitter on Thursday, comes after China ‘s Vice Premier Sun Chunlan called on a ‘people’s war’ against the fast-spreading epidemic

A group of around 10 officials pursue him, some carrying what appear to be large metal sticks

The clip then cuts to show the chase from a different angle, showing the nearly-deserted streets of Wuhan

A group of around 10 officials pursue him. The clip then cuts to show the chase from a different angle, showing the nearly-deserted streets of Wuhan

Another video, said to be taken in Suzhou near Shanghai, shows suspected coronavirus sufferers being forcefully dragged from their homes by officials in hazmat suits

One person, who is laying in a doorway and refusing to be picked up, is carried out

Another video, said to be taken in Suzhou near Shanghai, shows suspected coronavirus sufferers being forcefully dragged from their homes by officials in hazmat suits. One person, who is laying in a doorway and refusing to be picked up, is carried out

Another video, said to be taken in Suzhou near Shanghai, shows suspected coronavirus sufferers being forcefully dragged from their homes by officials in hazmat suits.

Officials in protective suits are seen holding onto two people by their arms before a third more resistant man is picked up from the floor and carried away in one shocking clip shared online.

In the video one person wearing a face mask is seen being quickly pulled along by officials and is soon followed by a woman in a winter jacket who is held underneath the arms by someone in a protective suit.

However the officials have more trouble in removing a third person who is laying in a doorway and refusing to be picked up.

Two people try to lift him, but after having no luck are they are joined by a man in a blue apron and then two other officials.

While in another video, said to have also been filmed in China, a woman is seen being detained by several police officers and struggling against them.

The clip was shared on Twitter claiming to show the woman being ‘arrested and put in isolation for not wearing a mask against coronavirus.’

In the video one person wearing a face mask is seen being quickly pulled along by officials

The first woman is soon followed by a woman in a winter jacket who is held underneath the arms by someone in a protective suit

 

In the video one person wearing a face mask is seen being quickly pulled along by officials and is soon followed by a woman in a winter jacket who is held underneath the arms by someone in a protective suit.

Another clip shows several police officers arresting a woman who was 'not wearing a face mask in public'

The woman is seen fighting back and trying to kick out at the police

Another clip shows several police officers arresting a woman who was ‘not wearing a face mask in public’ as she tries to fight them off and kicks out

It comes after it was revealed that China‘s central government ordered Wuhan to round up all suspected patients and anyone they are thought to have been in close contact with in mass quarantine camps. 

Vice Premier Sun also demanded Communist officials of all levels take active lead in this ‘wartime condition’, or face being ‘nailed onto the pillar of historical shame forever’.

The city of Wuhan has around 14 million residents, but it remains unknown how many people will be quarantined or where they would be kept.

Wuhan officials are now carrying out door-to-door health checks to identify potential carriers who would need to be isolated.

Ms Sun demanded four types of people in Wuhan be put into mandatory isolation in quarantine stations: confirmed cases, suspected cases, people who have close contact with the former two, and those who have fever.

She later instructed all levels of officials to treat the fight of the outbreak as the ‘most important and urgent mission’ in another briefing.

‘There must be a 24-hour shift pattern. During the wartime condition, there must be no deserters, otherwise they will be forever nailed onto the pillar of historical shame’, Ms Sun said, according to state broadcaster CCTV

China has demanded four types of people in Wuhan to be put into mandatory isolation in quarantine stations: confirmed cases, suspected cases, people who have close contact with the former two, and those who have fever. Pictured, patients rest at a makeshift hospital

China has demanded four types of people in Wuhan to be put into mandatory isolation in quarantine stations: confirmed cases, suspected cases, people who have close contact with the former two, and those who have fever. Pictured, patients rest at a makeshift hospital

A screen grab from a CCTV news programme shows China's Vice Premier Sun Chunlan delivering her order to Communist officials at a meeting aimed to curb the outbreak

A screen grab from a CCTV news programme shows China’s Vice Premier Sun Chunlan delivering her order to Communist officials at a meeting aimed to curb the outbreak

Medical workers in protective suits are seen talking while at the Wuhan Parlor Convention Center on Friday. Wuhan has around 14 million residents, but it remains unknown how many people would be quarantined or where they will be kept

Medical workers in protective suits are seen talking while at the Wuhan Parlor Convention Center on Friday. Wuhan has around 14 million residents, but it remains unknown how many people would be quarantined or where they will be kept

 

The death toll in China rose by 86 to 722 on Saturday, according to authorities, and is poised to pass the 774 deaths recorded globally during the 2002-2003 SARS pandemic, another coronavirus that jumped from animals to humans in China.

This new number brings the total number of people who have died from coronavirus to 724 worldwide, with one death in Hong Kong and one in the Philippines.

On Saturday it was also confirmed that the first American, who had been living in Wuhan, has died from the virus with the 60-year-old passing away on Thursday.

Four Britons – a couple and their two children – have also been admitted to Son Espases hospital in the Palma, Majorca, this weekend after having tests for the virus.

The admissions occurred after the unnamed dad, who lives in Majorca, went to the hospital on Thursday to inform medics he had been in contact with a person who had tested positive for the virus in France.

Another video shared on social media showed people in hazmat suits spraying a substance over buildings and streets

A large machine was aimed at one building as it sprayed in the clip

Two people were also seen pushing the substance along an empty street

Another video shared on social media showed people in hazmat suits spraying a substance over buildings and streets

People wearing face masks are seen stocking up on food at a supermarket in Hangzhou in east China's Zhejiang province on Friday

People wearing face masks are seen stocking up on food at a supermarket in Hangzhou in east China’s Zhejiang province on Friday

Dozens of people donned the masks as they shopped in Hangzhou on Friday. During the day 86 people died from coronavirus

Dozens of people donned the masks as they shopped in Hangzhou on Friday. During the day 86 people died from coronavirus

The SuperStar Aquarius had been on a four-day round-trip from Keelung, near Taipei, with more than 1,730 passengers on board. More than 40 of the 1,738 passengers have visited China in the past 30 days.

Tomorrow more around 150 Britons are being flown back from the coronavirus-hit city of Wuhan and will be kept in quarantine for 14 days in Milton Keynes.

Dire coronavirus warnings from Britain’s top experts

Leading virologists and infectious disease specialists met at a hastily organised meeting by the respected Science Media Centre in London on Friday amid the escalating outbreak.

They made a series  of dire warnings about the disease, including:

  • A vaccine will not be ready until at least 2021
  • Even if we eradicate the virus in the next few months it could re-emerge in winter  
  • An outbreak in late 2020 could be devastating for NHS staff juggling winter crisis 
  • The death of a seemingly healthy Chinese doctor in his 30s raises fears it may have ability to kill people with strong immune systems
  • Don’t be fooled by a decrease in confirmed cases in the last few days – this could be a lack of man power and errors in cataloging them in China
  • The virus may be spread to babies from pregnant mothers during childbirth
  • Cases are at least 10 times higher than the current 31,000 being reported 

The panel of six was made up of leading experts in the UK, including:  David Heymann, Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine; Dr Gail Carson, Consultant in Infectious Diseases, University of Oxford; Robin Shattock, Professor of Mucosal Infection and Immunity, Imperial College London; Sarah Gilbert, Professor of Vaccinology, University of Oxford; Paul Hunter, Professor in Medicine at the University of East Anglia; and Professor John Edmunds, from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

South Central Ambulance Service said that Kents Hill Park, a conference centre and hotel, will be used to house the returning citizens after they land at RAF Brize Norton – where they will remain in isolation for two weeks.

Everyone boarding the plane at the Chinese city, which is the epicentre of the outbreak, will be assessed and will continue to be monitored after landing in the UK on Sunday morning.

On Tuesday, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said that the flight would be the final service chartered by the Foreign Office to bring UK nationals back from the Chinese city.

While on Friday night a medical professor said the number of coronavirus cases around the world could be 10 times higher than currently thought.

The death toll in mainland China – the epicentre of the outbreak – reached 637 on Friday, with a total of 31,211 confirmed cases.

There have been a further 320 cases in 27 other countries, including three in Britain, and one death reported from the Philippines.

But scientists warned the spread of the virus across borders, coupled with its suspected two-week incubation period and the unreliability of testing methods, made it difficult to track.

John Edmunds, a professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said modelling showed there were ‘ten times more cases than have been reported – or even more’.

He added: ‘It’s a mild disease that might be missed if somebody doesn’t seek healthcare. And none of the tests is going to be 100 per cent sensitive so it is not unusual to only capture maybe 10 per cent of the cases.’

Professor Edmunds acknowledged that predicting the true scale of the outbreak involved a degree of ‘guesswork’, adding: ‘When there are very large numbers of cases it becomes very hard to confirm them all just because of manpower. Time will tell.’

He said the next few days would show whether containment measures put in place by China had been effective.

A worker measures body temperature of people leaving a supermarket in Qingshan district on Friday following an outbreak of coronavirus in Wuhan

A worker measures body temperature of people leaving a supermarket in Qingshan district on Friday following an outbreak of coronavirus in Wuhan

Chinese authorities have deployed medics, security guards, volunteers and even robots to monitor the body temperature of citizens. A security guard is pictured checking the temperature of visitors at a seafood market in Guangzhou on Thursday

Chinese authorities have deployed medics, security guards, volunteers and even robots to monitor the body temperature of citizens. A security guard is pictured checking the temperature of visitors at a seafood market in Guangzhou on Thursday

Commuters all wearing protective masks wait for a bus on a usually busy street on Friday in Beijing as the number of cases of coronavirus rose to more than 34000 in mainland China

Commuters all wearing protective masks wait for a bus on a usually busy street on Friday in Beijing as the number of cases of coronavirus rose to more than 34000 in mainland China

Roads in Beijing usually brimming with traffic were seen eerily empty on Friday during what would have been rush hour

Roads in Beijing usually brimming with traffic were seen eerily empty on Friday during what would have been rush hour

Experts said it was too early to tell whether the declining number of cases in recent days was ‘good news’ because so much was unknown.

Roughly 3,900 new cases were reported worldwide on Wednesday, compared with 3,700 on Thursday and 3,200 yesterday.

Public Health England announced on Friday it would be possible to test more than 1,000 people a day for coronavirus in laboratories across the UK from next week.

The diagnostic test currently used in London – where only 100 cases can be tested per day – will be available at 12 centres across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to increase capacity and speed up results.

In another announcement the Department of Health and Social Care said that 620 people in the UK have been tested for coronavirus as of 2pm Friday, with three cases confirmed.

People in protective gear serve snacks Canadians as they were evacuated from China on Friday

People in protective gear serve snacks Canadians as they were evacuated from China on Friday

Experts say the difficulty of containing the coronavirus is that so many patients have mild, cold-like symptoms and don’t realise they have the infection – but it can quickly turn deadly

It is understood that the third person in the UK to be diagnosed caught the illness in Singapore and is reported to be a middle-aged British man and is understood to be the first UK national to contract the disease.

The man is thought to have been diagnosed in Brighton and was transferred to St Thomas’ Hospital in London, where there is an infectious disease unit, on Thursday afternoon.

The patient attended a business conference in Singapore organised by a UK company called Servomex, which describes itself as a ‘provider of reliable, accurate and stable gas measurements’ and is based near Brighton.

Health bosses have now launched a frantic but farcical hunt for anyone who spent more than 15 minutes with the middle-aged man – despite not quarantining his own family. Furious Brits have slammed the ‘weak’ measures to prevent more cases in the UK, urging ministers to shut the border and saying ‘serious guidance is needed’. Others have questioned if it’s time to start wearing face masks.

Flowers are seen near a photo of the late Dr. Li Wenliang at a hospital in Wuhan in central China's Hubei province after the doctor died from coronavirus earlier this week. News of the death on Friday of Li Wenliang, a doctor who was reprimanded by police for raising the alarm about the new coronavirus, sparked sorrow and outrage on Chinese social media

Flowers are seen near a photo of the late Dr. Li Wenliang at a hospital in Wuhan in central China’s Hubei province after the doctor died from coronavirus earlier this week. News of the death on Friday of Li Wenliang, a doctor who was reprimanded by police for raising the alarm about the new coronavirus, sparked sorrow and outrage on Chinese social media

It comes after it was revealed MPs believe a China travel ban could be introduced within weeks because the coronavirus outbreak appears to be getting worse and the government will be forced to act.

A source who sits on the All Party Parliamentary China Group, set up to strengthen China-UK relations, said they would be surprised if the travel restriction was not imposed ‘in the next week or two’ amid calls for the government to step up its efforts to protect the UK against the killer disease.

If introduced a ban would likely apply to foreign nationals who have visited China in the last 14 days – something 16 countries including the US, Australia, New Zealand and Japan have already imposed. Even Saudi Arabia and Iraq have introduced the ban before Britain.

Virologist Professor Ian Jones, from the University of Reading, welcomed the move, saying it was a ‘simple’ and ‘proactive’ measure that could delay more cases on home soil.