Over the past few days, since the New Zealand Mosque shooting, Facebook admits it intentionally purged 1.5 MILLION postings linking-to or showing the live-streamed video of the shooter perpetrating his crime. YOU are not allowed to see that, they say.
Police in New Zealand also publicly warned that anyone in possession of the video, or who shares it, could face 10 years in prison and up to $200,000 fine for dealing in “objectionable material.”
An 18-year-old New Zealander accused of sharing a live-stream of a mass shooting across two mosques that left 50 dead has been denied bail.
Police have said the man – who cannot yet be named – was not involved in the attack in Christchurch allegedly carried out by Australian white supremacist Brenton Tarrant, 28, on Friday.
Appearing in the Christchurch District Court on Monday, the accused was granted interim name suppression but was declined bail by Judge Stephen O’Driscoll.
The details behind the bail decision cannot be published.
He will appear in court again in April.
The teen faces two charges: one of sharing the live-stream and a second for posting a photograph of one of the mosque’s attacked with the message “target acquired” along with other chat messages “inciting extreme violence”.
If found guilty, could face up to 14 years’ jail.
Facebook earlier said it had taken down 1.5 million copies of footage of the shooting that had been live-streamed by Tarrant in the 24 hours after.
Authorities and telecommunications companies were last week also left scrambling trying to have the videos taken down and urged the public not to share them.
Things are getting very dicey out here for those of us on the side of facts, truth, personal liberty, and limited government.
Since the video was streamed on a US service (Facebook) and this is a US-based, media/press web site protected by the US Constitution’s First Amendment, New Zealand law cannot be applied, so the video remains.
But the big picture is LEFTIST CENSORSHIP. It is in full, heavy-handed, tyrannical mode.
© AAP 2019