The revelation has come out that a homosexual couple at Hillsong had been involved in their music ministry – one a choir director, the other a choir member – (source link) and according to them “nothing has changed” (source link) since they revealed their homosexuality to Hillsong NYC, Brian Houston made some grossly contradictory statements to the press (source link) recently.
Keep in mind, this contradicts the initial press story and the words of the homosexual that “nothing had changed” (source link – and if the screenshot below is too small, just click it and it will take you to the source).
‘I need to be truthful with everyone.’ I became truthful with my church. I’m a part of Hillsong NYC. I’m one of their choir directors. I also sing on their Worship team. They’ve been amazing as well. Nothing has changed there now that I’m completely out and with Reed. He sings in the choir as well. I found that being an honest person has actually come with a lot of benefits. People are more sincere with you, and you find out a lot more about other people when you become honest.”
So, it’s Houston’s word versus their word. Okay. But consider this…
Online sources reveal the CBS show, Survivor, (in which they were filmed as a couple) filmed well before the above cited statement to the press (source link). Did Hillsong NYC leadership not know their choir director and his lover were starring in a reality show as a couple? Like, nobody knew that?
Well, today the couple spoke out in a Tweet to correct Houston’s account – or at least had the effect of correcting Houston’s account (click screenshot below for full tweet)…
One had been a member at Hillsong for 8 years. Another one had been involved for 3. According to them (who both signed the letter), they were “open and forthright about [their] relationship from the get-go” (source link).
Pleeeeease. Tell me again about how “Lentz has dealt with this.” And tell me that Houston is anything but confused (best case) or outright lying (worst case).
From what we can see, the facts seem to be:
- The homosexual couple had been attending/serving for 8 years and 3 years, respectively.
- The homosexual couple had been open about their homosexuality and/or homosexual relationship “from the beginning.”
- One of the homosexuals had hosted a “connect group” in their home, even while they were “open and forthright” about their homosexuality “from the beginning.”
- The homosexual couple starred – as a couple – in a realty show long before the aforementioned press announcement.
- The homosexual couple stated that “nothing has changed” since coming out to Hillsong leadership.