Yet another actress has come forward to accuse disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein of Sexual Assault— and law enforcement sources confirmed to Deadline that the NYPD is investigating the case and has been in direct contact with the Manhattan D.A.’s office about it.
CBS News reports tonight that Paz de la Huerta, then a film actress who would go on to star on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, said in a phone interview that the former Weinstein Company co-chair raped her twice in late 2010.
“We are aware of the sexual assault complaints,” the NYPD’s Sgt. Brendan Ryan said in a statement on Thursday. “We are actively investigating them. “The NYPD continues to work with the Manhattan District Attorney’s office on the case,” he added. “The investigation is on-going.”
As a specific part of that investigation, De la Huerta claimed that Weinstein offered to give her a ride back to her apartment after a party in October 2010 because they lived in the same neighborhood. At that point Weinstein insisted they have drinks, she said, and they would up in her apartment. The actor alleges that he then removed her dress and forced himself on her.
“He pushed me on the bed,” De la Huerta said, “and it happened all very suddenly.”
De la Huerta told the news outlet that Weinstein began calling her after the incident and that she confronted him a month later at a Los Angeles hotel. Just before Christmas that year, she alleges, he showed up in the lobby of her apartment building. The actress claims they went up to her place and that he raped her a second time.
She told CBS that she had been drinking that night and was in no state to agree to having sex.
De la Huerta’s claims are just the latest in a torrent of accusations by dozens and dozens of women have gone public with lurid tales of sexual predation at the hands of Weinstein. Along with New York police, law enforcement in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and the UK are looking into the alleged crimes.
Today’s allegations come as Weinstein faced off against his former company in the first actual court hearing since the New York Times published its in-depth piece of October 5 on the alleged decades of sexually harassing behavior by the now disgraced producer.
In a hearing in Delaware’s Court of Chancery, Judge Joseph Slights made a decision down the middle of Weinstein’s on a motion to expedite matters in his document and correspondence seeking October 26 filed lawsuit against TWC and the company’s desire to push things back to the spring of next year.
“I can’t say that I see imminent irreparable harm here, at least not in the sense of something that’s going to justify deciding this case this month or even next month,” declared Slights in the hearing that was held over the phone.
With the possibility he could have tossed the whole thing out too, the Judge( or Vice Chancellor as he is known in Delaware courts) said wants to see the parties back before him in January. The specific date that seems to be penciled in is January 5 but sources tell me TWC attorneys look likely to want to push that back at least a week or two.
A week or two that, if the past few weeks are any indication, could see a whole new sordid state of affairs.
As the cascade of sexual harassment and assault allegations rock the entertainment industry, Hollywood’s largest talent agencies are girding for tougher scrutiny of their working environments that, in many instances, have long been compared to that of a frat house.
The scandal at Fox News that enveloped CEO Roger Ailes and star anchor Bill O’Reilly, both of whom were fired amid sexual harassment allegations, has heightened sensitivity to the legal liability of working conditions that could be viewed as hostile for women.
Talent agency leaders are nervous about how aspects of their businesses will hold up to closer examination as fallout from the explosive allegations of Harvey Weinstein continue to ripple across the industry.
Netflix says it is cutting all ties with Kevin Spacey after a series of allegations of sexual harassment and assault.
In a statement, the streaming service said it would not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes him.
A spokesperson for the network said Netflix would work with the show’s production company Media Rights Capital to evaluate whether House of Cards continues without Spacey.
Netflix had previously halted production on the hit show about political intrigue in Washington, and said it would end after the sixth season.
Spacey’s role as a ruthless politician who ascends to the presidency of the United States earned him an Emmy Award nomination during each of the show’s first five seasons, but he never won.
Co-star Robin Wright is also a central player on the show, and it could conceivably continue with a focus on her.
Netflix also said it would not release the film Gore, starring Spacey, which is in post-production.
The Academy Award-winning actor became ensnared in Hollywood’s fast-growing sexual harassment crisis after actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of trying to seduce him in 1986, when Rapp was 14.
Spacey has said he doesn’t remember the alleged encounter but apologised if such “drunken behaviour” occurred.
As part of his apology, Spacey also announced he was gay, but angered many in the LGBT community and beyond who saw his announcement as an effort to divert attention from the disclosure by Rapp.
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos, who worked in the London theatre where Spacey was artistic director from 2004-2015, and US filmmaker Tony Montana have also made sexual misconduct claims against Spacey.
CNN reported that eight current or former House of Cards workers claim Spacey made the production a “toxic” workplace and one ex-employee alleges the actor sexually assaulted him.
Spacey has not been arrested or charged with any crime.
His publicist said earlier this week that Spacey is “taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment,” raising questions over whether the sixth season of the show would go ahead at all.
No details on the nature of the treatment were provided.
Meanwhile, London police are investigating an alleged 2008 sexual assault reportedly linked to Spacey.
Police did not identify Spacey by name but said the department’s child abuse and sexual offenses unit is investigating the reported assault after it was referred to police earlier this week.
The talent agency CAA has said it is no longer representing the actor.
Days after Netflix halted production on House of Cards in the wake of sexual harassment allegations against its star, eight people who work on the show have come forward to accuse Kevin Spacey of sexual harassment, and in one case, assault, CNN reports.
The accusers allege that Spacey sexually harassed crew members routinely over the course of the show’s six seasons. They claim Spacey’s “predatory” behavior turned the set of House of Cards into a “toxic” environment, where young male staffers were frequently subjected to crude comments and touched inappropriately.
“I was in a state of shock,” the PA told CNN. “He was a man in a very powerful position on the show, and I was someone very low on the totem pole and on the food chain there.”
Minutes later, after the two brought Spacey’s stuff into the star’s trailer, the actor allegedly cornered the PA and touched him inappropriately. The PA said he told Spacey he was uncomfortable, and the actor reportedly left the set for the rest of the day.
Another crew member told CNN he was regularly subjected to Spacey’s advances and crude comments.
“He would put his hands on me in weird ways,” the crew member told CNN. “He would come in and massage my shoulders from behind or put his hands around me or touch my stomach sometimes in weird ways that in normal everyday conversation would not be appropriate.”
In response to the initial claim, Spacey responded by apologizing to Rapp about the alleged encounter, which he said he doesn’t remember. He also decided to come out, a move the LGBTQ community has widely criticized. On Wednesday, Spacey announced that he would “seek evaluation and treatment,” Deadline reports. According to the Guardian, British police are now investigating a sexual assault claim against him in London.
Spacey is just one of several Hollywood scions—including Dustin Hoffman, Brett Ratner, and James Toback—facing sexual harassment and assault accusations amid the Harvey Weinstein scandal, which escalated Thursday with a new allegation of rape.
Brad Pitt speaks out against pedophilia rings By: Jay Greenberg |@NeonNettle on 26th June 2017 @ 8.00pm ©
Press Movie star Brad Pitt exposes Hollywood’s Elite pedophile rings
Following the recent spate of pedophile arrests in California, movie star Brad Pitt has revealed the true depths of Hollywood pedophilia in a shocking exposé.
As a 30-year seasoned veteran in the movie business, Pitt speaks about his experiences after witnessing the dark side of the entertainment industry first hand.Mr. Pitt describes how the whole TV and film industry is run around a culture of grooming children for child trafficking networks that reach across the United States and beyond, into the upper echelons of the political spectrum and societal hierarchy: “You think Hollywood is about making movies?
That’s just a byproduct: It’s about money, and more importantly, power and control.””The people who run Hollywood, also run America, and most of the world, and they don’t care about movies.””You’ve heard of the Illuminati right?
The secret societies, the politicians, the bankers and the media – they’re the ones running these pedophile rings, and they’re the ones that run the world, and it all goes back to Hollywood.”
”Kids wanna be in movies, or should I say; parents want their kids to be in movies, and they’ll do anything to get them famous” .
When asked why Hollywood was targeted by these Elite networks, he said; “It’s the parents. It’s the American dream to be famous and the parents will do anything to get them there.””Have you ever met the mom of a child actor? They’re nuts.””It’s easy pickings, and it’s not just movies, it’s TV, music… it’s showbiz.”
”The parents are basically selling their kids souls for fame.”
Mr. Pitt goes on to expose the motivation behind the Elite child trafficking and how the children are given roles to influence other children to push agenda.
He describes how children are used as political currency whilst the parents turn a blind eye in the hope their offspring will be in the next box office smash: “One of these [Elites] buys into a movie. A thousand kids go for the lead role, and 100 of them would probably work.
Some young kid with a pushy mom turns up who will do anything to get the part.””The kid gets sent off to some guy that runs a TV network. The network pushes the movie, and the first guy makes loads of money when it’s a hit.””The TV guy will never say a bad thing about the movie because movie guy knows what TV guy did with that young kid.””The same thing happens with politicians and bankers and the rest of them,””It’s all backroom deals with kids as bargaining chips.”When asked about who these “Hollywood players” are, Pitt was reluctant to name names, saying, “I’m from the land of the free and easy lawsuit”, but said he was confident these high-level child abusers will soon see justice: “The media will never expose the truth as they’re part of it. It’s the independent media that will expose this.”
“The internet is a wonderful thing and the free flow of information is bringing it all to the surface now.”
”They’re losing their hold over the American people, and people everywhere, and they know it.”
”It’s just a matter of time before it all comes out.”Brad Pitt has had a rocky past with secret societies, after a leaked video of his ex-wife Angelina Jolie, in which she discussed Hollywood Illuminati rituals, went viral.Mr. Pitt responded to the video by saying he was “sickened” by the revelations.